- "This was a breed, or variant on the regular norn, which allowed two of the same sex norn to make out and do the dirty ;)
- Hehe, the patch comes in two flavours which allow the norns to either become pregnant.. or not... depending on your tastes I guess.
- This was done by adding a new chemical to each gay norn variety, called "gayness" of all things :D
- Then the norns attraction to the opposite sex was turned off and arousal linked to the same sex.
- The breeding script was then patched to allow the same sex to kiss and impregnate eachother .. and you know.. not make them interested in the oppsite sex and all that ... kylie concerts, an unanny ability to dance and stuff. Minty." - Jennie
- Settles the nature/nurture discussion once and for all! ;-) --GreenReaper
Even with the Gay Norn patch, Norns are not strictly gay as such; the patch simply allows them to kiss and mate with whomever they want, regardless of gender. This can be problematic, however, as Norns may be too interested in the same sex to breed with the opposite sex, although this is an effective method of keeping populations down.
It is unknown why same-sex interactions were included in the games to begin with. One possibility is that the inclusion of such behaviour may have been too controversial, although The Sims series has included this feature ever since it was first released in 2000.
Gulli adapted all the official breeds to be gay.